Most Comfortable Slippers Reviews
A comfortable robe and great slippers is commonly seen in movies and TV shows that are set in the 50s and 60s as the thing to do once the work day was done. Decades later, people are busier than ever but they still crave the relaxation and comfort that a quality pair of slippers provides.
Slippers come in a large selection of shapes, styles, designs, colors, and materials. No matter what your personal preferences are, you are sure to find at least one pair of slippers that gives you what you want.
If you are in the market for a new pair of slippers or you just want to try them out and see what the fuss is about, you will need the information we have for you in this guide. Sorting through so many different options and choices can become overwhelming but when you have the right knowledge, the whole purchasing process becomes easy and even enjoyable.
In this guide you will be introduced to the top ten most popular slippers on the market. We will also provide five detailed reviews that will give you a deeper look at the best of the best. Lastly, we have put together a buying guide that will teach you about the important features of slippers along with other information. This information will allow you to confidently choose a pair of slippers that you will enjoy for a long time to come.
Top 10 Most Comfortable Slippers
|Rate||Pictures||Most Comfortable Slippers||Colors||Sizes|
|5 – 14|
|2.||6 Color Choices||6 – 10|
|3.||Chestnut||7 – 13|
|4.||10 Color Choices||7 – 18 US|
|6 – 10|
|6 – 11|
|5 – 12|
|5 – 12|
Lt Gray Pink
|5 – 12|
|10.||7 Color Choices||6 – 16|
Summary of Our Top Picks
Slippers are the perfect inside shoe for when you are looking for convenience, comfort, value, and versatility. They are the perfect transition shoe from a busy work day to a relaxing evening at home.
The top ten chart above features ten of the most popular, commonly purchased slippers on the market. They are high-quality, affordable, and most of all, able to be worn anywhere around the house or in the yard.
There are tons of different types of slippers that you can choose from. Read this buying guide and learn about the features you want to look for in the slippers you purchase. Many people wear some form of slippers around their homes after work. With this information you will be able to determine your needs and preferences and then make a decision you will truly be happy with.
Most Comfortable Slippers Buying Guide
Choosing the right pair of slippers doesn’t have to be complicated when you know what you’re looking for. The following tips should be considered during your research which will ensure that you end up with slippers that you will enjoy putting on after the work day.
- Size – slippers are sized a little differently than shoes so you need to understand how they are sized and more importantly what size you will need. Slippers that are too big or too small become uncomfortable so getting the right size is important to ensure maximum comfort. More often than not people need to choose a slipper that is one size larger than the shoe size they wear.
- Materials – there are many different materials used in slipper construction. The type of material you choose will be mostly personal preference. Do you want super soft? Functional? Durable? Most people want their slippers to be made from really soft materials that will feel comforting and soft on your feet. When you’ve been on your feet all day, the last thing you want is to slip on a rigid or less than ideal pair of slippers. Make sure the material is not too fragile so the slippers stand up to daily wear.
- What type of floor? – If you have hardwood or tile flooring you want to choose a slipper with a thick sole. If you have carpet throughout you can get away with a style that has a softer sole. A harder, rubber sole does not typically affect the comfort of the slipper and will not make them feel like traditional shoes. They will allow you to wear them outdoors in the yard without worry of ruining the slippers.
- Quality – No one wants to purchase a poorly made pair of slippers. They are not comfortable on your feet and they fall apart quickly leaving you to purchase them much more often. Look for slippers that are made from premium materials that will be durable and long lasting. If you travel, choosing a quality pair of slippers means that you can also bring them with you on trips and have a piece of home with you without sacrificing comfort.
The Importance of Slippers
There are many people in the world that don’t bother with slippers. They will just walk around the house in socks or barefoot. There is nothing wrong with that at all. But for those who love slippers or for those considering them, there are many advantages to wearing a quality pair of slippers than just having something on your feet.
- Keeps your feet clean – This is a pretty basic and common sense reason but for those who are sticklers for having clean homes and impeccable hygiene, this is an important advantage. Slippers are better than barefoot or socks because with the dust and dirt that can be on floors and carpets, your socks and feet can end up dirty.
- Keeps feet warm in cold weather – Thick socks can also keep your feet warm but cold floors can still seep through the fabric of socks regardless of how thick they are. Slippers add an additional layer of warmth and protection between your feet and the floor. They can also prevent you from getting chilled during the cold winter months.
- Protects against hot concrete – If you have check the mail quickly in the summer and want to avoid the hot concrete, slippers are the perfect solution. Slippers are also great for keeping your feet dry if the weather is wet and you have to go outside.
- Protects feet from sharp rocks or other objects – There are many unseen objects around a home that can injure your feet if you are walking around barefoot. Quality slippers can protect your feet from invisible hazards that you may step on unknowingly like tacks, glass, and even your child’s legos.
- Bacteria protection – If you are in a more public place such as a gym or the pool, having some slippers to put on when heading to the showers or returning can protect your feet from bacterial infections. When using slippers for this purpose make sure the slippers have waterproof soles or they will get ruined.
Types of Slippers
There are dozens of different styles and types of slippers on the market to choose from. Some are designed for specific purposes so it helps to know what you want slippers for you purchase a pair. Below we’ve listed a few of the common types of slippers along with some information about each type.
- Open heel – This style is the traditional house slipper style. There is no back on this type of slipper which gives it the name open heel. Sometimes they are called slip ons as well. These are the simplest style to put on quickly if you need to run outdoors for a few minutes and don’t want to bother with shoes. If you are walking the dog, open heel slippers may not be the best choice because they are not always easy to walk in. Open heel slippers typically don’t have a lot of cushioning but they do cover the toes of the feet so there is some protection there. They are a good choice for warmer climates since they allow for more air flow.
- Closed Heel – Another name for closed heel slippers is moccasins. Closed heel slippers have a backing on the back of the slipper that holds the foot inside. There are many different varieties of closed heel slippers to choose from, some with a lot of support and some with just a little. Closed heel slippers can have a rubber sole or not depending on the style and brand so you can choose whichever one suits your lifestyle better. If you want slippers that you can wear to walk around the yard, walk the dog, or even run to the store for a quick trip, hard sole closed heel slippers are perfect.
- Slipper boots – These cute slippers look like boots and are usually made of fleece or sheepskin. They are great for cold winter months and provide a lot of cushioning and warmth. You may find that your feet sweat in slipper boots so they are not a good choice for warmer climates or in the summer.
- Sandal style – Sandal slippers are a lot like open heel but they don’t have the covering over the toes of the feet. These are great to use as shower shoes if they are made from waterproof materials and keep the bottoms of the feet protected while keeping the rest of the foot. These slippers provide the least amount of protection and support but are great for walking across hot sand or across the floors around swimming pools or at the gym.
Slippers are a luxury that offers wearers function as well. They are made from a variety of materials. The majority of slippers are designed to be worn indoors only so you many of the materials, like fleece and sheepskin will be just fine inside in most cases.
- Sheepskin – This is the perfect material for winter slippers. They are fluffy and warm and keep your feet from the cold of winter. Sheepskin is breathable so your feet don’t get sweaty. They are hard to clean once they get dirty so they are not recommended for outdoor use.
- Memory foam – memory foam slippers work the same way memory foam mattresses do and conform to the shape of your feet. If you have foot related problems or your feet just ache at the end of the day, memory foam slippers will feel great and help relieve the pressure and stress your feet get throughout the day. They also keep your feet warm which which makes memory foam slippers great for colder months but not good in the summertime. Another disadvantage is that memory foam is heavy and can be a lot more expensive than other types of slippers.
- Felt – Slippers made of felt provide warmth and support for your feet and also have the benefits of being water and stain resistant. The disadvantages to felt is that the soles tend to get worn out a lot faster than other types of slippers and they are not typically as comfortable as others are.
- Leather – leather slippers typically have rubber soles and lining of some kind making them a real favorite with men. Leather slippers are usually designed to be indoor/outdoor slippers and look a lot like moccasins with many color choices available. They are extremely comfortable, easy to put on, and protect your feet if you want to wear them outside.
Novelty Designs in Slippers
One of the fun things about slippers are all the fun designs that are available. You can get slippers that look like animals, that have your favorite cartoon characters on them and everything in between. Novelty slippers still provide many of the same advantages that regular, more “serious’ slippers do such as keeping the feet warm and providing comfort but they also add the fun of choosing designs that exhibit your personality.
Children love novelty slippers and the fun styles that they offer for children adults can often find in their own size as well. One of the good things about slippers for young children is that they often have a heel strap to help keep them on and prevent unsteady little ones from tripping.
Slippers have a comforting, relaxing image associated with them, making them very popular with older adults. Many men and women who work all day long purchase slippers because they love the idea of coming home, kicking off those uncomfortable work shoes and slipping their tired feet into slippers that are soft, supportive and comfortable.
The fun designs they can have make them popular with kids and those who are kids at heart. Whatever your reason is for wanting to purchase a pair of slippers, the information we have provided in this guide will help you choose a pair that will last and meet all of your needs and preferences.
Now that you have completed this guide you should take a look at the top ten chart and see all of the top rated brands and styles we have included for you. These ten choices are popular with consumers for many reasons including premium construction, ultimate comfort and support, and their ability to provide protection and warmth.
Use the information in the guide to help you sort through the dozens of slipper choices you have available to you so you can eliminate the ones that don’t fit what you are looking for and needing. The right knowledge will prevent you from wasting your money on a pair of slippers that don’t fit, are not comfortable, or do not meet your needs. No one wants to waste their money. Use your newfound knowledge to confidently choose the perfect slippers for you and members of your family.