Most Comfortable Toilet Seat Reviews
Choosing a toilet seat may seem like a super easy task but there is more to it than you may know. Nowadays, thanks to advancements in technology and customer demand, toilet seats offer a wide range of options from color choices to seats with lights in them that can double as a bathroom nightlight.
Most toilet seats offer a combination of great features. The information in this guide will help you understand all the different features that toilet seats can have so you can eliminate the ones that don’t meet your needs. Selecting the right toilet can be a daunting task too. One of the first orders of business in choosing the right toilet seat is knowing what your specific needs and preferences are. This guide will help you determine what type of seat and what color will work the best for you so you don’t purchase the wrong style, color, or size toilet seat.
Top 10 Most Comfortable Toilet Seat
|Rate||Pictures||Most Comfortable Toilet Seats||Dimensions||Colors|
|1.||14.36 X 16.73 X 2.14||Biscuit/Linen
|3.||14.18 X 21.00 X 18.62||Choose from
|4.||14.10 X 18.90 X 3.40||Choose from
|5.||14.00 X 18.50 X 1.50||Choose from
|6.||19.00 X 16.40 X 2.50||White
|7.||19.00 X 14.00||White
|8.||14.20 X 18.90 X 2.00||27 Stunning
|9.||14.50 X 17.30 X 2.00||22 Incredible
|10.||20.00 X 14.00 X 3.00||Can be Color
Summary of Our Top Picks
If you are looking to update your toilet seat out of necessity or just because you want something different, you are in the right place. Toilet seats come with a variety of options that can confused a less experienced home owner.
The 10 top rated toilet seats we have listed on the above chart and the five detailed reviews we have featured on the five bet of the best will give you an inside look at the most popular and commonly purchased toilet seats on the market so you can see if any of them will meet your needs and preferences.
We also have included a buying guide that lists the important features to look for in a toilet seat, the different types of toilet seats that are available, and much more. This knowledge will make the purchase process much easier and you will not waste time or money purchasing the wrong item.
Most Comfortable Toilet Seat Buying Guide
Buying a toilet seat does not have to be a complicated task. There are a few things that you need to keep in mind when you start looking around at the available brands and styles of toilet seats. Answering the following questions will ensure that you choose the best possible one for your needs.
- Bathroom style – The toilet is not the focus of the bathroom but you want to choose a toilet seat that blends well with the style or it will stick out like a sore thumb and become the focal point and not in a good way.
- Whose bathroom? – Are you buying a toilet seat for the guest bathroom, the children’s bathroom or your master bathroom? This is an important question with all the options that are available. You may want to get a seat with a built-in nightlight if it is for the kids or if it is the guest bath, you could choose one with an air freshener.
- Young children – If you have very young children that will be potty training, you may want to consider choosing a toilet seat that is comfortable for younger ones as well. This will make the potty training process much easier and less scary for them.
- Special colors – Toilet seats are available in a large variety of colors. Some companies offer seats that have scenes on them rather than just a solid color so finding the seat that matches the décor is easier than ever before.
Good and Bad Toilet Seats
Not all toilet seats are created equally and there are good choices and bad choices. There are very cheap toilet seats on the market that are made from flimsy materials or that use cheap hardware that are more trouble than they are worth.
A cheap seat will not last long and is usually not comfortable. This doesn’t mean that you have to purchase the most expensive seat you can find, but you should be aware that purchasing the seat based solely on price will get you a seat that has to be replaced soon due to cracking, the hardware breaking, or other problems that come with a poorly made product.
Good toilet seats are made of hard plastic or solid wood that will offer durability and strength. The hinge set will also be higher quality which is very important to how stable and secure the seat is once it is installed. So of the newer designs have rubber stops that prevent the seat from moving side to side; a common problem with toilet seats that can cause the seat to crack or the hardware to break.
A well-made toilet seat might cost a bit more but it will last a long time and be comfortable for the users. It is worth the extra money to have this comfort, stability, durability, and quality.
Toilet Seat Sizes
There are two basic sizes that toilet seats come in unless they are specially made:
- Round – Round seats tend to be found in businesses although they can be in homes as well. Most round toilet seats are designed to fit round toilets that measure 16.75” or less.
- Elongated – Elongated toilet seats are designed for elongated toilets that measure 18 5/8” of more.
Do not use a round toilet seat on an elongated toilet or vice versa. Doing so will cause the toilet seat to become a nuisance since it will not fit properly. There are some specially designed toilets that are more squared in shape or that have other special shapes. You will have to order a toilet seat from that manufacturer if you have a specially designed toilet as those types of seats are not available in regular home improvement stores.
Wood vs. Plastic
The majority of quality toilet seats will be made from either hard, durable plastic or solid wood. There are toilet seats made of pressed wood as well but those are usually cheaply made and fall apart or crack easily.
- Plastic – Plastic seats are made from molded plastic that is strong and almost unbreakable. Other benefits of molded plastic seats include being easy to keep and keep sanitary, they are typically stain resistant, will not peel or chip and the color is molded throughout the seat so fading is not an issue.
- Wood – Solid wood seats are usually fancier looking than plastic and are used when you want to make an impression. Solid wood seats are much heavier than plastic ones and they can have painted surfaces or designs on them. Some wood seats are made from solid oak or pine and can give your bathroom a rustic look that is very appealing.
There are two kinds of installation that you will usually encounter with toilet seats: easy and not easy that may require professional installation.
- Easy to install – If you are the one doing the work on your bathroom you will want to choose a toilet seat that is easy to install. The easiest designs have two bolts made of plastic or metal that fit into the toilet, typically just behind the seat. Most toilets are made with a standard hole distance of 5.5” and will have the same hole size as well. There are some exceptions, of course, and bolt holes can vary a bit from 5.5 to 7.5 inches depending on the model and manufacturer. Before you start shopping, measure the distance between the bolts on your existing toilet to make sure you get a seat that will fit. If the holes on your toilet are not the standard of 5.5” there are some ways to get around that such as getting a seat with an adjustable bolt hole distance from American Standard. These adjustable bolt seats will fit Toto, Kohler, and American Standard toilets and eliminate problems with finding a seat that will fit.
- Professional Installation – If your bathroom has a smooth side toilet that has sides that extend all the way to the wall you will more than likely have to hire someone to replace the toilet seat unless you are extremely knowledgeable on how to deal with these types of toilets.
Types of Toilet Seats
There are many different options available when it comes to toilet seats. Below we have listed many of the common options you can choose from when you are shopping for a new toilet seat. If you’re not sure what options to choose, think about the kind of features you would like to have, who will be using the bathroom, and how much you want to spend.
- Cleansing Seats – These fancy toilet seats will change how you feel about using the bathroom and turns your bathroom trip into what will feel like a spa treatment. Most cleansing seats have other features as well and can be expensive but if you are looking to upgrade your bathroom and make it more luxurious, this is one option you may want to consider.
- Slow close – slow closing seats are great for households that have children or older adults as they eliminate the risk of the seat slamming down and catching fingers or other body parts. They also get rid of the annoying SLAM that is common with regular close seats. Slow close seats only require a light tap and they slowly and quietly close. This also increases sanitation as you don’t have to lower the seat manually.
- Bidet Seats – Most people either love or hate bidets. Bidet toilet seats are much less expensive than getting a full-fledged bidet toilet and provide the same benefits. Bidet toilet seats are great because they turn your existing toilet into a bidet when you want without taking up any additional toilet space. They also save money on toilet paper, reduce the chances of the toilet getting clogged, and improves personal hygiene as well. They also keep clothing cleaner, and are better for the environment as a whole.
- Heated seats – Sometimes sitting down on a cold toilet seat can be a real eye-opening experience. In the wintertime, a heated toilet seat can make middle-of-the-night bathroom trips much less shocking. Most offer adjustable settings and have a blue nightlight as well so you don’t even have to turn on the light. Heated toilet seats can cost anywhere from 80 dollars up to 200 but if you live in a colder climate you will definitely appreciate having that warmer seat.
- Lighted Seats – Many toilet seat manufacturers have started offering lighted seats to replace traditional night lights. The majorities of these seat lights uses AA batteries and don’t need power cords. They are great for children who may need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night or for adults that don’t like to suddenly have the glare of the bathroom lights in their eyes at 3:00 a.m. Those with a built-in night light often work with a sensor that comes on when movement is detected in the bathroom.
- Deodorizing seats – if you want to control odor in between cleanings, you may be interested in getting a deodorizing toilet seat. These seats contain carbon filters that will help reduce and eliminate bathroom odors. Depending on the company, a deodorizing seat may have a fan that is on a sensor and a scent pack that will fill the room with a fresh scent.
- Hands Free – Intelligent toilets fit into the smart home movement that is so popular nowadays. One example of an intelligent toilet is the hands free lid with flush feature. The motion activated lid will rise when movement is detected in the bathroom and after you are done, the toilet will automatically flush as well. This is great for reducing germs that can be spread around the home.
Toilet seats come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors and have many options that you can choose from. If you don’t really care what kind of seat you have, there are simple, no-frills designs that simply offer a plain seat.
If you want to make your bathroom more appealing for guests, easier for the children to use, or you want to give yourself a more luxurious bathroom, you can choose from a large array of options like those mentioned above.
Whatever your choice is, finding the right toilet seat for your bathroom starts with knowing what your needs and preferences are as well as knowing the size and type of toilet you have so you get a lid that will fit the way it is supposed to.
This guide has offered you ten great toilet seats to look at that are made from well-respected companies that are known for quality bathroom fixtures. We have also shown you the best of the best and reviewed the five best toilet seats on the market so you can see if any of those popular choices will meet your needs.
The buying guide has provided you with the options that toilet seats can offer as well as installation information and sizing info as well. This knowledge will help make the toilet seat buying process easy and stress-free.
The only things you’ll have to figure out is what features you want and what your preferred color is. Not all manufacturers offer a wide range of colors but if you are looking for companies that do, we have listed several that do offer a wide range of choices to match your current décor.