Most Comfortable Sports Bra Reviews
Sports bras were created to provide women with extra, specialized support when running, working out, or engaging in other sports activities. Bouncing or movement while exercising can not only be uncomfortable or embarrassing it can be painful and cause damage to the tissues that support the breasts. The right sports bra can eliminate these problems and allow you to focus on the workout rather than how much you are being bounced around.
Finding a quality sports bra can help prevent unnecessary stretching of the tissues in the breasts which reduces sagging and drooping as you get older. There is more to finding the right sports bra than just knowing your cup size. Most women do not wear the right bra size and it is easy to repeat that mistake with sports bras as well.
The purpose of this guide is to provide you with information on the top rated sports bras on the market as well as give you a buying guide that will give you all you need to sort through the numerous choices available. This information will help you choose the right brand and bra for your specific needs, lifestyle, and body shape.
Having the right knowledge will help you make confident decisions so you don’t waste your time or money on the wrong sports bra. Keep reading below to learn all you need to know about choosing the most comfortable sports bra. Not only will we show you the top ten most popular and top rated sports bras available we will tell you all you need to know about sports bras.
Top 10 Most Comfortable Sports Bra
|Rate||Pictures||Most Comfortable Sports Bras||Sizes||Colors|
|1.||34 – 50||Large Assortment
of Colors Available
Variety of Sizes
from 30A – 44C
|12 Color Choices
|Over 18 Colors
Summary of Our Top Picks
The biggest reason women look for a sports bra that fits properly is so they are not uncomfortable during workouts or while playing sports. You should never have to think about your underclothing while you are jogging, playing racquetball or running.
If you are large-chested, there is the additional worry of damage to the connective tissues of the breasts not to mention it can be embarrassing to have your breasts bouncing while you are trying to exercise or play sports.
The top ten chart above along with the five detailed reviews are the most popular sports bras on the market. All of them are from reputable companies that pride themselves on quality including Nike, Champion, and Fruit of the Loom. Any one of these choices are perfect if you are looking for a good sports bra that provides proper fit, support, ventilation, and comfort.
In addition to the sports bras listed above, read our buying guide below. This guide will give you the most important features to look for as well as information on how to tell which sports bras are better than others.
With all of the choices available it can be overwhelming to try and figure out which is the best one for your needs. This information takes the guess work out of sports bra buying and puts you in control of the brand and style you purchase.
Most Comfortable Sports Bra Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing the right sports bra, the most important thing to focus on is how the bra fits. A poor fitting sports bra can cause discomfort, pain, and ruin the effectiveness of your workouts.
Below we have listed a few things you should be looking for that will give you a clearer idea on whether the sports bra is fitting properly. If any of these things are going on currently it is time to get a new sports bra in a different size.
- No escaping – When you raise your arms you want to be certain that the breasts are not coming out of the bottom of the bra. The band just under the breasts may need to be a little smaller to provide a snugger fit but make sure you don’t go so small that the band digs in or pinches.
- Rising up in back – One of the most common complaints about bras and sports bras is the band around the back riding up. If the back of the bra rides up higher than the front, the straps could be too short or the band is too large. A smaller band size could eliminate this problem or adjust the straps to be longer. This could fix the problem if the bra is ultimately the right size.
- Mashing isn’t the objective – While you’re wearing your sports bra, look straight down. The center front of the sports bra should sit flat against your chest. You may need one cup size larger if it does not do this.
- Spilling over – you don’t want your breasts spilling out over the sides or the top of the sports bra. Although this may seem like it would make breasts look larger, it can create an unattractive double-breast look that doesn’t look good under clothing. If this is going on, you will need to get a sports bra that is one cup bigger.
- Wrinkles indicate ill-fit – Any kind of wrinkles, looseness, or folds indicates that the bra is not fitting properly. If this is going on you should look at getting a sports bra that is one cup size smaller. Bras that are too loose can cause painful chafing that can interfere with your workouts and activities.
3 Important Fit Features
There are three main areas that you should look at when determining the right sports bra for your needs. We’ve outlined these areas below.
- Band – The basis of your sports bra is the band. You want the band to fit flat against your ribs and fit snugly. Look for wide bands that are made with quality elastic so they provide the support you need.
- Straps – One of the most common problems with sports bra straps is that they can dig into the shoulders because the bra is too small. This can happen often due to the pullover style that most sports bras have. You don’t want super thin straps or straps that have a lot of stretch to them which will increase bouncing during activities. Adjustable straps are not as common in sports bras but if the bra has adjustable straps this can improve the fit.
- Cup size – choosing the right cup size is very important to a comfortable fitting sports bra. You don’t want to be overflowing over the top or sides. Most sports bras have size charts so make sure you know how that particular brand sizes so you know where and how to measure.
Types of Sports Bras
There are three basic designs that sports bras have:
- Compression – The most popular and common sports bra is the compression style. This design’s purpose is to minimize the movement of the breasts during exercise by flattening them all at once. This is a good design for small to smaller-medium chested women.
- Adjustable Encapsulation – This is the perfect bra for female runners that are larger-chested. They provide the maximum support of all the types and also typically feature wide adjustable straps and a wide adjustable band to give the person a more customized fit.
- Encapsulated Compression – This is a great design for women that are bustier. Encapsulated compression sports bras are similar to a regular bra but they provide more support by individually compressing each breast rather than compressing as a whole.
There are three basic ranges of support that a sports bra will offer. The type of support each sports bra offers will depend on the style of the bra and the design as well. The support needed will depend on a few different factors including the activity you are performing as well as your cup size.
- Low Support – The lightest support you can get is from a low support sports bra. These are well suited for yoga, ballet or barre work, pilates, or stretching. If you are very small chested a light support sports bra may be enough support for more strenuous activities as well.
- Medium Support – This level of support is good for women with larger chested for low impact activities including yoga and can also possibly be worn for activities such as light weight training and cycling. Small chested women can typically wear medium support sports bras for high impact activities and have plenty of support.
- High Support – High support sports bras are for larger chested women and give them the maximum support possible for high impact activities. They are very popular for runners, dancers, and those involved in cross-training.
Sports Bra Features
There are many options when it comes to purchasing sports bras. You can choose material, color, style, support and many other options. We have listed the most common features to look for during your research and shopping experience.
- Seamless – flat seaming or seamless designs help the sports bra last longer and is much more comfortable to wear. This design prevents over-stretching and wear on areas that are stretched during athletic movement.
- Ventilation – One of the most important features in a sports bra is the ventilation it allows. Getting overly hot and sweaty during a workout is not comfortable and can cause painful skin rashes. Many bras have mesh, cut outs, or ventilation holes to provide needed ventilation to the chest area.
- Straps – There are several different types of straps that a sports bra can have. The most common design is the racer back style that has straps that meet between the shoulder blades. This style minimizes bound but are not usually adjustable so proper sizing is a must. Spaghetti strap designs are often adjustable but may not provide enough support.
- Moisture Wicking – chafing, dampness and other issues can be extremely painful and can cause skin problems if the skin is left damp all the time. Moisture wicking fabric is designed to remove dampness from away from the skin to keep the skin healthy, comfortable, and dry.
- Fabric Choices – There are many different types of fabrics used for sports bras. The most common and popular fabric is cotton which is very breathable and soft. Cotton bras are not recommended for high intensity workouts and activities because cotton can become damp and uncomfortable. Spandex is another common fabric as well as nylon and polyester.
- Padding – many sports bras are padded to provide a better overall look and shape and to provide more coverage as well, especially if you like to work out only wearing the sports bra.
- Underwire – Sports bras can also be created with underwire which provide more support and add shape as well. Many people prefer wireless options due to the discomfort that underwire can cause. Women with larger chests tend to prefer the added support.
- Closures – Most sports bras are designed in the pullover style which is put on by pulling the garment over the head and pulling it down into place. There are some sports bras that have front or back closures as well. Some even have front sipper closures. The pullover style is comfortable, easy to put on and take off and there are no zippers, hooks, or other hardware to worry about.
Having several varieties of sports bras should be a priority for you if you participate in exercise of any sort or sports. Many women purchase several different support levels and styles to accommodate different activities. Some women like to sleep in a light support sports bra rather than going braless because it can be uncomfortable or even hurt, especially if you are larger-chested.
Having the right support allows you to focus on the workout rather than your chest so you can get the most from your training or activity.
With all of the different styles on the market, choosing the right sports bra can be confusing if you don’t understand the different designs, support levels, and features that make one brand or style more suitable for your needs than another.
The information we have put together for you in this guide will help you understand what makes a quality sports bra so you can make the best choice for your needs. We have provided some tips on how to tell if your current sports bra is the right size as well as given you a list of important features to look for during your research.
The top ten chart and five detailed reviews give you even more information on the top sports bras out there so you can make a confident decision on the right sports bra for your specific needs. Using all of this valuable information will make the buying process much simpler and less confusing.